At OptoRobotix we design and develop world leading optical trapping and characterization technology for industry and research.
Our mission is to work with best-in-class partners across industries to design and develop custom instruments that capture, sort or manipulate microscopic objects for further analysis or assembly.
What is Optical Trapping?
Optical trapping is the use of micro steered lasers to capture, move and manipulate microscopic and nanoscopic objects such as cells, bacteria or beads much in the same way an industrial robot manipulates larger objects in an assembly line.
The OptoRobotix’ technology platform has application where interaction with microscopic objects is needed. Examples are:
- Microfluidic sorting applications
- In vitro biological experiments
- Micro fabrication and assembly
- Quality control and purification
- High value cell sorting and characterization